Complete Assessment Testing


Now that you've successfully completed the online orientation, it's time for you to move on to the next step of the Los Rios Steps to Success!

You must go to the Assessment Center at your college and complete English and math assessment. If you are an English as a Second Language (ESL) student, you must complete an ESL assessment instead of the English assessment.

The purpose of these assessment tests is to help place you in classes that match your skill level so that you can be successful. Your college's counselors will use these test results, along with other criteria, to determine whether you are ready for specific courses and programs. There is no fee for these assessments.

A valid photo ID (school or government issued) and your Los Rios student ID number are required for assessment.

The Los Rios Community College District, effective October 1, 2015, will streamline and standardize assessment practices at the four Los Rios Colleges. This ensures the same rules and practices are applied to all students equitably, regardless of which college(s) you attend and which assessment test or tests you plan to take - English, Reading, English as a Second Language (ESL) and Math.

These new practices will standardize everything from what you must do before taking an assessment test to the rules regarding how, whether and when you can retest.

You are more likely to place accurately and at a higher level if you are familiar with the content and format of our computerized assessment tests. It is to your benefit to prepare in advance for these important tests! To view study guide information and testing calendars, please click on the assessment website for the college you would like to attend.

Good luck!

Standard Assessment Practices FAQ

American River College Assessment
Cosumnes River College Assessment
Folsom Lake College Assessment
Sacramento City College Assessment